Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Lovely Day

I spent part of yesterday with a friend away from the city just playing with cameras and taking lots of pictures. Lots of them not very good but some of them not too bad. I needed some time away from life and this worked perfectly. Thank you my friend - you have replenished my spirit!

Onward to scrapping things. Scrap that Idea have their August collaboration out called Fairytale Summer. Gorgeous summery colors and beautiful elements just perfect for those summer days and nights!



Mel Hains Designs also has an adorable kit out called Silly Old Bear. It was amazing how many of Mel's creative team still had their tattered and much loved bears from their childhood. All the layouts were so fun to see! And Mel's little bear elements - so cute!



Charlie from Charlie's Digiscraps has another fabulous storyboard collection out - Storyboard Collection 3. You can find it and also Garden Bits 3 at Digiridoo.




Deviant Scrap has a challenge going on called Transformation Cards. A prompt is given each month which you must use in some way on the card but other than that you are free to just create. After such an amazing day I was ready to dive right in and the results are below.





This one was just for fun. I have been wanting this kit by Tangie Baxter and her mom, Rebecca McMeen called Briseis for months and finally just went for it. I love the oranges - something I never thought I would say as I used to say orange would be my least favorite color to scrap but I have learned to absolutely love using orange in layouts!



My friend who just recently moved away is flying in today to tie up some loose strings but hopefully we will get to spend some quality time scraping and catching up this afternoon - Weekends like this don't come along too often!

I am leaving you with a quote my friend Sharon recently used on a gorgeous piece. So fitting right now in my life!

The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: